Microsoft Dynamics comes in many different flavors: Microsoft Dynamics AX, GP, NAV, SL, 365 Small Business, and 365 Enterprise. These are all very different systems that provide similar functions, which makes it extremely confusing for first-time buyers.
If your company is currently using Microsoft Dynamics or is looking to purchase Microsoft Dynamics, we can help you. Our staff has extensive experience with setting up, installing, configuring, customizing, and maintaining Microsoft Dynamics systems. We are also an authorized reseller of Microsoft products and a Microsoft partner. Contact us for more information.
If you are looking for a new ERP, consider Acumatica. Read our selection criteria to find out why Acumatica can be the right ERP system for you.
Here's some background information on the different versions of Microsoft Dynamics:
- Microsoft Dynamics AX: Originally Axapta, Microsoft Dynamics AX is an enterprise ERP product.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP: Originally Great Plains, Microsoft Dynamics GP is a mid-market ERP product with loyal users and strong ISV support.
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV: Originally Navision, Microsoft Dynamics NAV is another mid-market ERP product with loyal users. NAV is known for its flexibility and strong manufacturing and distribution capabilities.
- Microsoft Dynamics SL: Originally Solomon, Microsoft Dynamics SL is an ERP product specializing in project-driven small- and medium-sized business. MS has outsourced all development and support for SL, moving it to the end-of-life stage.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365: Microsoft Dynamics 365 is two separate products.
- For Enterprises: Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations (Released 2017) – Combines Dynamics AX with Dynamics CRM and does not compete in Acumatica’s target market.
- For SMB’s: Dynamics 365 Business Central (Released 2018) – A cloud version of NAV. Has more functionality then QB and is therefore a good option for QB replacement.
Below is a comparison grid that shows some additional information about the differences between Acumatica, Dynamics, and NetSuite: